29.4.10

My Week in Bullet Points....

1. I hurt my knee a week ago. It popped while I was trying to finagle myself into my seat on the plane flying back from Philly. Edited version: I rotated my body {and 60lbs of luggage trying to squeeze by unmoving person in the aisle seat trying to get into my window seat with both carry-ons since I board Zone 4 (Steerage) and all overhead compartment space was full} and my knee did not rotate. There was a loud pop, a burning feeling and some tears welling up in my eyes. I refuse to admit that my knee is busted – I feel that it should heal on its own. However, it’s been a week now and it’s still not right. If my body cannot repair itself I fear this means I’m getting old….and that’s just not going to happen – therefore, I will tell you I’m fine and please don’t call me out on my limp.


2. I cleaned my desk at work. My desk is ALWAYS covered with drawings, samples, etc. and although I really DO know where everything is under there (the outward appearance may be deceiving) I did not know these were under there.

Yes, 10 knives – which would have been 11, but I used one yesterday. I’m not sure why I’ve been secretly hoarding these. Apparently by the time lunch rolls around I’m too hungry to bother cutting my food. I also found 4 sharpies.

3. I’ve been dreaming about curtains. And paint. And built-ins (per normal).

4. We have 28 days until we move. I’m dreading packing. I’ve made friends with the janitorial/maintenance staff and they have been loading me up with boxes. They don’t speak English all that well and I’m pretty sure they are quite concerned about me. I get excited about these boxes like addicts get excited about crack. Besides the clear delight on my face my eyes get large and I’m all “OOH can I get it right now? Do you have any more? How big is it? Is it like really big? When do you think you will have more?”….if I was an addict these are what I would consider standard questions for my dealer.

5. A special lady gave me 4 cupcakes on Monday. I did not bring them home to share with my husband; I’m probably a terrible wife but you must understand they looked delicious and I did not want to give any of them up. Yes, I’m definitely a terrible wife…but at least I’m a fat and happy terrible wife. Besides, he has his RedSox ice cream in the freezer and gives me the evil eyes whenever I venture toward it. I’m doing him a favor by sparing him my ‘don’t you touch that’ eyes.

Speaking of cupcakes, I’m starving.

1 comment:

  1. It's OK. Sometimes I go out for lunch at Micah's favorite pizza place and keep the leftovers at work for lunch the next day. I feel like he'd be more upset if he knew I was eating there without him even if he did get the leftovers.

    Pack early and often. Time gets away from you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete