1. A new (reaffirmed) love for writing with Ultra Fine Tip Sharpies.
Pinterest (thanks to Brooke for the invite).
How does it work?
You get a little button on your favorites bar (much like the CraigsEasy button, if you did that) and then you can *pin* images and place them onto different boards in your collection. Its super easy.
Why is pinterest so great?
It just is.
- I don’t have to save images on my computer anymore, freeing up precious hard drive space – (and you don’t have to worry about a crash).
- I can save images anywhere (home or work) and they all go to the same place.
- It keeps the source of the image. So if I’m posting an image of a DIY project into my ‘Thing to Make’ board, I can always click on the image when I actually get around to wanting to make said item and get the directions. No more bookmarking tutorials. I would also think this would make a great cookbook…..I may need to start a food board.
- You can share with other people and other people can see your collections. I signed up using my twitter account so I’m automatically following the people I follow on twitter who also have a Pinterest account (and you don’t have to ask them to follow you, or request to be their friend or anything :)). You can also follow other people whose collections, or single boards, strike your fancy.
Basically it’s a visual reminder of a million things I like, in one place, that is easy to access and contribute to. It’s a virtual sketchbook and I’m obsessed.
I have 5 invites to give away – who wants one?