21.5.10

If the outside isn't Navy, the inside will be....

Since I probably wont be able to convince the boy that our house needs to be navy blue; I'm pushing for some accent walls in the kitchen.  Not the whole kitchen, I think that would be overwhelming - just a few 'special' walls.  With lots of white to offset it -

I'm a little scared it will make the room feel smaller, but hopefully it wont be too bad since the is quite a bit of light, the cabinets will be all white and we aren't painting all the walls.  What do you think?

Do you have any dark paint colors in your house?

Source: 1, 2

8 comments:

  1. I think navy with white cabinets could look really nice! I would worry too about making the room look small, but if you are just doing an accent wall you should be all good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be afraid of dark colors!! I was so worried about dark making a room look small... it's just not true. My entryway and my master bath are both very dark blue- it's almost like the walls recede because of the darkness and the space feels bigger. If you don't believe me, well, then you'll just have to cone visit ;)

    ps- do you read maria killiam's blog colour me happy? You should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our master bedroom is almost that exact color! With white crown molding! We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesssss! (though you probably knew I'd say that!) In college, I painted my bedroom navy and absolutely loved it :)

    Our walls aren't navy (they're grey), but our glass mosaic tile is a navy, slate blue, lighter blue blend. White Cabinets. Grey countertops. LOVE!

    Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally in love with that bright blue in the first photo! Infact, In fact, do you have the name of that and who makes it? It is seriously stunning.

    I thought the same as you did until we toured this home where interior designer had painted the small powder room navy blue! It didn't feel small at all and gave it a very warm comforting feel to it. I always kept this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing a navy guest bedroom right now!!!

    With white trim and bedding - it feels so fresh and clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our massive living room is a awesome royal/blueberry blue just like the 2nd pic and offset with white and other pops of color. We love it and wouldn't change a thing about it. I say go for it!

    My best, Lynn

    ReplyDelete